Friday, December 2, 2011

One Long-Ass Week

What.A.Long.Week. If I needed further proof that I am not as young and resilient as I used to be, this week showed me.

I still have some discomfort at the surgery site. I've only taken one pain pill since Sunday, but I'm planning on taking one tonight.

My tongue still feels like someone took a cheese grater to it. It hurts so badly to brush my teeth that I am tempted to forgo oral hygiene completely for awhile and just not breathe on or near anyone until things feel better in my mouth.

Who would have thought that I would be extremely grateful NOT to have someone at home to kiss? :P

I really don't know what is going on with this consider I am almost off the pain pills and I would have bet money my tongue issues were a side effect of the oxycodone.

Could the fact that my doctor had to drill close to a taste nerve be doing this? How? And if so, why is there not more on it on the 'net. When I google "cochlear implant" and "tongue side effects," nothing relevant is popping up. If it is related to the taste nerve, there should be more information. If it is related to the cochlear implant, there should be more information.

It's gotta be the oxycodone, but why is it still so bad when I have only taken one pain pill in 5 days?

Bleah. If it is still bothering me Monday, I guess I need to contact the doctor.

On a brighter note, one more week until my implant gets "turned on." My sister wants to meet me at the doctor's office to be there. I'm so excited!! My sister can be the first voice I hear with my new implant!!

MTC.

2 comments:

  1. I think your sister being there is the best thing ever for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could be there, too, Mary!

    ReplyDelete