Friday, December 9, 2011

This is It!

I'm blogging at work, which is probably grounds for dismissal, but this is all I can think about. One hour to go launch. Well, probably more, because I always seem to have to wait awhile at Dr. Shaia's office. Don't get me wrong, love that place and the people there, but sometimes the wait time is long.

13 minutes until I leave work!

My brother and sister are meeting me there! I am so lucky to have such great siblings. I want to hear their voices first! I hope the audiologist humors me. :)

11 minutes.

My nerves feel like they are humming all over my body. Even my arms feel giddy. Maybe they are all sending positive energy to the auditory nerve on the left side of my brain.

8 minutes.

Finally! I'm more excited and less anxious. I actually think ... could it be ... yes! I just smiled! I don't think I have smiled all day. We had our "holiday luncheon" at work today and someone told me that I couldn't look more miserable if I tried. Or maybe he said if I tried, I might manage to look even more miserable. I couldn't tell. It was dark and he was bearded. Maybe soon I'll know what bearded men say in dim light. Okay, that sounded wrong, but you know what I mean!!!!

5 more minutes, no 4!

OMG. Wow. This is really happening. I actually got a cochlear implant and it is going to be turned on soon!!

2 minutes ...

Two coworkers just stopped by to wish me luck. The support of my friends has phenomenal. Thank you to every single one of you!!

I will post later, probably tonight or tomorrow morning. I have a "soiree" after the "turn-on" so I won't be online for a few hours and wow, one minute left until I need to leave ...

Better pack up! I'm off! But will soon be on, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment