Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Attitude

Today when I woke up, I was excited to put on the processor and see what things sounded like. What a difference a day can make, huh? Not that things sound very different today, but what a different attitude I have!

Unfortunately, I put my processor on only to have the batteries die about 5 minutes later. These are special batteries. I can't just run out to CVS and buy more. The CI came with 3 packs of rechargable batteries, but the batteries in the processor were supposed to last 3 days and I .... uh .... hadn't gotten around to charging the rechargeables. What??? I thought I had another day! I can see my sister shaking her head now and thinking, "Carolyn, you goof!" Mercifully, it only took about 3 hours for the battery packs to charge.

New observations - I didn't know light switches could be so loud! Or footsteps.

And I finally heard running water today. My brother turned on the faucet in the audiologist's office on Friday to test me, but I couldn't hear it. Couldn't hear it yesterday either, but I did today.

My breathing still sounds very loud and the clacking of the keys bugs me. I have a headache and I have some nausea, both of which are apparently common side effects as one adjusts to a new CI.

Work is gonna be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment